We will make an LED flasher and Laser ray sound using a 555 timer IC on breadboard. The led will flash at the rate of 5Hz approximately. With step wise instructions and video, you can easily make this circuit. Also I will be also giving images along with instructions. You can extend the project as per your wish. If you make something cool, don't forget to put the link in the comment section. So let's get started. If you are seeing this page directly, then please start from the beginning here.
(In case you want to check out my other tutorials, you can check them here)
Please keep the below 555 timer IC laser sound and Led flash Circuit diagram handy. While you are making connections, cross check it with the circuit diagram. The main part of the skill is to be skilled enough to make any circuit on breadboard using the circuit diagram.
Bill of Material:
You will require the following bill of material including a 555 timer IC to make the circuit. Make sure you have all the components ready with you.
Please follow the video and instructions in the video along with the circuit diagram step by step. If you have any query, you can let me know in the comment section.
Breadboard Images :
You can also use the below instructions to make the circuit.
- Connect the power rail roads to the terminal. Then place the 555 timer IC on the breadboard and connect the 1st pin of 555 timer IC to ground, 4th and 8th pin of 555 timer IC to the positive power rails of the breadboard as shown in below image.
2. Now Connect Pin 2 and 6 of 555 timer IC by using a single core wire as shown in the below image.
3. Connect and LED to pin number 5 of 555 timer IC such that the negative end of LED is connected to pin number 5 of 555 timer IC and the positive terminal is left stray. We will be connecting a resistor later on to the positive terminal of LED.
4. Now Place a capacitor such that the positive end of capacitor is connected to pin number 3 of 555 timer IC and the negative side of capacitor is left stray.
We will connect a speaker here later.
5. Now Place a 220K resistor between pin number 3 and 6 as shown in below image of 555 timer IC.
6. Now place a 470 Ohm resistor between pin number 3 and other end to the negative terminal of the LED.
7. Now connect the speaker such that the -ve end of speaker is connected to the -ve end of capacitor and +ve terminal of speaker in the +ve power rail of breadboard.
Now power up the circuit using a 9V battery. It should produce a laser sound along with the flashing of LED. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to keep seeing awesome tutorials like this in future.