In this tutorial, we will take you through step by step guide to install drivers for your ESP12E (Node-MCU) Wifi Development Board on Arduino IDE. As mentioned in the introduction that we can program the ESP12E (Node-MCU) Wifi Development Board using Arduino IDE. And the program can run with little or no change on Node MCU board. So lets get started. Make sure that you have installed latest version of Arduino IDE installed. If you don't have arduino and don't know how to install Arduino IDE, then you can see my tutorial on "Installing arduino IDE on Windows System" and come back here. Else you can start off with here.
- Copy this link : http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json
2. Now Open your Arduino IDE
3. Now Goto "File->Preferences"
4. The preferences window will appear as below.
5. The paste the link which you copied in the text box as shown below and hit ok.
6. Then goto "Tools->Board->Boards Manager" and click on it.
7. Then search for esp keyword. Then click on the list as shown below and click install.
8. The installation will start.
9. After installation close this window.
10. Now goto "tools->boards" and there you can see all the esp8266 board drivers.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed ESP12E (Node-MCU) Wifi Development Board drivers on windows IDE. In the next chapter we will program the board for blinking LED.