In this tutorial, we are going to install Arduino IDE step by step. Just follow the below steps on your windows machine:
- Now the first step is to open Google Chrome(make sure your internet is connected to your computer) or any other browser on your windows computer or laptop. And type in this URL
and then click on "Software". It will take you to the following page:
2. Then scroll down and click on "Windows Installer".
3. Now, click on "Just Download" (Contribute & Download will take you their contribute page. Since its open source its your wish). It will then download the .exe file (depends upon your internet speed)
4. After Downloading, click on the .exe file and setup window will appear. Just click on "I Agree".
5. After that just click on "Next".
6. And then click on Install. If you don't want to install it in default directory, you can change the settings of Arduino setup to any other windows folder. But I would recommend you to let it for default.
7. After that it will start installing. Be patient, as it might take some time to install files.
8. After that, some windows might appear. They are basically drivers for your Arduino hardware. Just click on Install.
9. Then after sometime, it will again ask for you permission, just click install.
10. After getting installed, it will show you the following screen. Just click on close. And you are done.
11. An icon might appear in your start menu or on the desktop. Just click on the Arduino icon and the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) window will appear.
Congratulations! You have installed Arduino IDE on your windows system successfully. Now the next step is to wire up Arduino Leonardo on breadboard and write a simple LED blinking program.