I love Cyclops and I made the coolest door lock ever. From past one month I was planning to make an RFID door lock system. But I wanted something cool. I am huge fan of Xmen. I love Wolverine and Cyclops. So created an RFID based door lock system, where if you swipe the right card, his known "eyes" will turn green and servo will open giving a beeping sound through a buzzer. If you swipe the wrong card, his eyes will turn red. So here is how I made.
This video contains the time line of the project. I have given full instructions along with schematic and code. (At the end of the instructions in this video, I have also created a timeline of how I created the cyclops image.)
Bill Of Materials
- RC552 RFID Module - 1
- RFID tags - 2
- Arduino Uno - 1
- WS2812B LED strip (10 leds) - 1
- Servo Motor - 1
Making the "cyclops" base
In this step, we will make the base of our super hero. This base will be used to stick cyclops image along with a WS2812B LED strip with 10 LEDs. So lets get started.
1. Take any super hero image or draw it yourself and cut out the eyes section of the cyclops.
2. Make sure that you cutout the eyes section exactly to the size of your LED strip.
3. Take a carboard, and cutout the eyes section by tracing it on the cardboard. We will stick our cyclops image here.
4. Finally stick the super hero image on cardboard such that the led is behind cyclops eyes. Also if you put a translucent sheet, it would look awesome.
Github Code : https://github.com/vikkey321/Coolest-Door-lock-ever
I hope you like my tutorial on this laser piano. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more tutorials like this.
My Social Profile Links: